Outage to Migrate File Systems to New Hardware -- December 4, starting at 8 am
Posted: November 25, 2013
Duration: All day, starting at 8am
On December 4, 2013, starting at 8am we will be doing the final migration of the file systems listed below from off the CHPCFS hardware that is being retired. In addition, we will be moving the ASTROFS file system to new hardware. While this move will not impact all of CHPC users, it is CRITICAL that each user determine if they will be impacted and prepare accordingly.
To check which file system your home directory is in, while in your home directory, do a “finger UNID”
- if your directory starts with “/uufs/astro.utah.edu” you are in ASTRO_HOME and will be affected
- If your directory has “sdss_home” in its path you will be affected
- If your directory starts with “/uufs/chpc.utah.edu” then do a “df | grep UNID” and if you see one of the file systems listed below you will be affected
If you will be impacted, please be sure to prepare for this outage before 8am on December 4 by:
- Logging off of the interactive nodes AND any desktops that mounts any of these file systems
- Do not have jobs running/queued as any job that starts or stops during this time will be affected
We expect to have all file systems listed below with the exception of CHPC_HPC available in their new location by around noon. CHPC_HPC will be unavailable most if not all of the day. An “all clear” message will be sent to users when the file systems become available.
Home directories on the following file systems will be migrated:
The following group spaces will be migrated:
If you have any questions, please contact us at issues.