We have updated and made default the following programs:
- IDL - updated to version 8.6, what's new is at https://www.harrisgeospatial.com/docs/WhatsNew.html
- Matlab - updated to version R2017a, what's new is at https://www.mathworks.com/products/matlab/whatsnew.html
- Lumerical FDTD - updated to version 2017a a.k.a. 8.17, new features arelisted at https://kb.lumerical.com/en/new_features_layout_2017a.html, we notice about 20% performance improvement in our test.
- Intel software development stack, including the compilers, MKL, MPI, and profilers - updated to version 2017.4 - this is a minor feature update that should not require recompilation of any existing codes built with 2017.0 - release notes are at https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-parallel-studio-xe-release-notes
- PGI compilers and tools - updated to version 17.4 - as with Intel, the update should not affect existing executables. Release notes are at https://www.pgroup.com/support/new_rel.htm
- We have also implemented some module name shortcuts, which users can customize themselves, as described at https://www.chpc.utah.edu/documentation/software/modules.php#ccm. We have pre-defined some module shortcuts and aliases, which can be seen by running
This means that we can load the intel module by "module load intel/17", or "intel/17.4", rather than using longer version. We also defined an alias "python2" for "python/2.7.11", although this does not show in the "module avail" or "module spider" now, hopefully it will once we update LMod.
If you get issues with any of these updates, please, let us know.