Once you use windows remote desktop (RDP) to get to beehive.chpc.utah.edu you can run any of the applications listed. You must have a valid CHPC account to access this system. If coming from off campus, you must use the campus vpn.
- Use remote desktop to RDP to beehive.chpc.utah.edu
- For windows goto 'start' > 'all programs' > 'accessories' 'remote desktop connection', for linux use xfreerdp or RDP client of your choice.
- Enter the hostname of beehive.chpc.utah.edu (or on linux use rdesktop beehive.chpc.utah.edu).
- Read (and comply with) the banner warning about authorized access use.
- Login using your campus username and password which is ad\UNID and then your normal campus password.
- If you are using a Mac, you may have office 'remote desktop connection' which will
work OK. We've had better experiences with the Microsoft Remote Desktop which can be download free from the apple store.
- Install and launch Microsoft Remote Desktop
- Put beehive.chpc.utah.edu in the computer field
- In the username field, put your ad\uNID
- Next, authenticate with your password and you should now have a remote window on beehive.
If you need help with this system, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.