During this downtime we will be doing updates and maintenance to CHPC systems, including making changes to the networking connections for the home directory file system.
Please close all sessions that access CHPC resources, including FastX and Remote desktop sessions, before this time
- Reservations are in place to drain the batch queues on all clusters (redwood, kingspeak, ember, ash, lonepeak, tangent, notchpeak) of running jobs by 8am of 3/27. We expect to release these reservations by early afternoon.
- Login to all cluster interactive nodes (including frisco, meteo, atmos, astro nodes along with depth and Apollo in the PE) will be unavailable starting at 8am until early afternoon.
- General environment home directories will be unavailable from 8am for 1-2 hours.
- The CHPC installed applications (e.g., /uufs/chpc.utah.edu/sys/pkg and /uufs/chpc.utah.edu/sys/installdir) will be unavailable from 8am for 1-2 hours. Note that these are also used in the protected environment.
- All CHPC hosted web sites served from the community web server (NOT those that use a dedicated VM) will be unavailable from 8am for 1-2 hours.
- Any VM in the general environment that relies on the general home directory space or any VM in either the general or the protected environment that relies on the CHPC application tree mentioned above will be impacted
- Windows servers Kachina and Swasey will be unavailable starting at 8am for most of the day.
- Protected environment VMs that have not yet been migrated to new PE VM hardware will be migrated during this downtime. This will disrupt individual VMs being moved for short times as they are restarted on the new hardware.
As the different components of CHPC systems become available for use again we will send out notices.
If there are any questions or concerns about this downtime, please let us know at email@example.com.