On April 12, 2017 IBM came to The University of Utah and gave a presentation focusing on their HPC offerings. The presentation was directed at scientists in HPC, Deep Learning, Big Data Analytics, Genomics and all Domain Sciences and discussed industry trends & directions, IT solutions, and academic collaboration from IBM, including information about:
- Delivering speed to science
- Increasing research competitiveness
- Faster adoption of Machine/Deep Learning
- Leveraging truly open architectures
- Getting to Exascale
- Unifying Computer Science + Data Science + Domain Science
- Collaborating with IBM Research and Industry
Through IBM and partner technologies, initiatives and programs for:
- High Performance Computing and Data Analytics
- Machine Learning/Deep Learning/AI
- GPGPU and FPGA acceleration
- Genomics and Bioinformatics
- Optimized, prepackaged CAFFE, Torch, TensorFlow, Theano, Chainer and other DL Frameworks
- Open Databases
- Open platforms
- IBM Academic Initiatives
Below are the slides used as well as a link to the recording of the presentation.
CHPC has a test Power8 Firestone server and we are looking to get access to the Power8 Minsky discussed in this presentation.
If you are interested in testing your application on the Power8 system or if you have any questions about the presentation, are interested in learning more, or have a specific use case in mind, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.