We have SAS with text miner, AMOS, SPSS, R, STATA, Mathematica, Matlab, and Microsoft Office 2010 on Swasey.
Once you use windows remote desktop (RDP) to get to swasey.chpc.utah.edu you can run any of the applications listed. You must have a valid CHPC account to access this system. You need to be provisioned in the protected environment in order to access this resource. Contact CHPC by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need access.
- Use remote desktop to RDP to swasey.chpc.utah.edu
- For windows goto 'start' > 'all programs' > 'accessories' 'remote desktop connection', for linux use rdesktop.
- Enter the hostname of swasey.chpc.utah.edu (or on linux use rdesktop swasey.chpc.utah.edu).
- Read (and comply with) the banner warning about authorized access use.
- Login using your campus username and password which is ad\UNID and then your normal campus password.
- If you are using a Mac, you may have office 'remote desktop connection' which will
work OK. We've had better experiences with the Microsoft Remote Desktop which can be download free from the apple store.
- Install and launch Microsoft Remote Desktop
- Put swasey.chpc.utah.edu in the computer field
- In the username field, put your ad\uNID
- Next, authenticate with your password and you should now have a remote window on swasey.
If you need help with this system, please send email to email@example.com.